Congresswoman Kristi Noem is at it again. She voted to end Medicare as we know it in order to ensure that millionaires and billionaires receive huge tax cuts. On behalf of South Dakotans who depend on Medicare now, and for those who will in the decades to come, we’re holding Noem accountable.
Listen to our new radio ad here.
- Jeopardize nursing home care for 3,600.
- Eliminate preventive care benefits for 133,000 current Medicare beneficiaries.
- Deny access to Medicare’s guaranteed benefits for 600,000 individuals age 54 and younger.
- Increase the out-of-pocket costs of health coverage by over $6,000 per year in 2022 and by almost $12,000 per year in 2032 for the 125,000 individuals between the ages of 44 and 54.
- Increase health care cost for individuals – 125,000 individuals between the ages of 44 and 54 will have to save an average of $182,000 to $287,000 per individual – to pay for the increased cost of health coverage over their lifetimes. Younger residents will have to save even higher amounts to cover their additional medical costs.
As if her vote wasn’t bad enough, Noem is now using taxpayer dollars to defend her War on Seniors. Let us be more specific—the Congresswoman’s official office recently sent out a political mailing claiming she is working to save Medicare.
What Noem fails to understand in her political rant is that preserving Medicare isn’t about her and her wealthy donors. It’s about hard-working South Dakotans who have dedicated their lives to making this country a better place to call home. It’s about creating a country that protects its most vulnerable.
The truth is: Noem is in it for millionaires and billionaires.
Lesson: if you or a loved one thinks Medicare is a good idea, don’t let Noem happen to you.