Salary Commensurate with Experience
Please send a resume and cover letter to SDDP Chair Ann Tornberg at firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday July 3, 2015. Interviews will be scheduled starting July 6, 2015.
Do you support our party’s Mission?
Democrats believe that we’re greater together than we are on our own-that this country succeeds when everyone gets a fair shot, when everyone does their fair share, when everyone plays by the same rules. Our values guide us in our fight for equality and opportunity for all South Dakotans. It’s with these values that we help elect Democrats up and down the ballot in every corner of the state.
Are you the right fit for our team?
With a small team of staff at the South Dakota Democratic Party, we’re looking for a self-motivated person who is passionate about the work we do to elect Democrats. The Communication/Compliance Director must be able to adapt to diverse situations and demands while keeping a positive attitude. The Communication/Compliance Director must be outgoing, personable and welcoming to elected leaders, donors, volunteers, partners, and prospective candidates. He/She must be well organized; attention to detail is a crucial element to the job. Design abilities would also be a positive attribute.
- Effectively publicize the goals, platform, activities, and accomplishments of the State Party with the news media and key constituency groups through traditional and social media as well as digital marketing.
- Proactively manage a multidisciplinary department that manages all communications requests, rapid response communications, digital media, and the tracking operation.
- Serve as on-the-record spokesperson for the SDDP, Party Chairperson, and other principals;
- Handle all media requests and prepare and disseminate communications tools such as press releases, op-eds, public statements, speeches, talking points, presentations, media advisories, briefings, pitch ideas, videos, email blasts, newsletters, social media, and graphics.
- Maintain relationships with media professionals across the state.
- Work with staff to manage difficult communications situations including crisis communications.
- Manage and produce email and social media calendar, direct list-building initiatives, and maintain content for the website and multiple social media platforms.
- Develop and execute press events with surrogates and elected officials.
- Prepare and execute short and long-term communications plans.
- Provide media training for county party representatives.
- Work with DNC, campaigns and democratic committees to coordinate press and communications strategy and assist as needed.
- Manage accounts in Quickbooks, creating financial reports for the Executive Board and Central Committee Meetings.
- Maintain and file FEC reports in accordance with federal election law; Serve as primary contact with accountant and compliance attorneys.
- Prepare and submit state compliance reports.
- Three years of professional work in communications, campaigns or related area;
- Excellent written and verbal communication as well as grammatical and copy editing skills;
- Ability to think quickly on your feet and work in a fast-paced team environment;
- Experience executing digital and traditional communications strategies;
- Keen eye for identifying opportunities and potential risk, and ability to rally assets;
- Knowledge of NGP, VAN, Quickbooks, and other related software preferred;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- The ability to work under tight deadlines and adapt quickly to changing work priorities.
HOW TO APPLY:
This is a full-time position. Salary is commensurate with experience along with full benefits package. Please send resume, cover letter, and three professional references via email to email@example.com by Friday July 3, 2015. Interviews will be scheduled starting July 6, 2015.Please list “Communications/Compliance Director” in the subject line.
The South Dakota Democratic Party is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions with regard to sex, race, age, color, creed, national origin, religion, economic status, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity or expression, ethnic identity or physical disability, or any other legally protected basis.