POSITION TITLE: Finance Director
LOCATION: Sioux Falls, SD
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
- Building upon our existing donor structure to bring new donors to SDDP;
- Assist in expanding our online and smaller donations in creating fundraising emails;
- Track financial commitments and manage the process for donor follow up;
- Act as call time manager for the chair;
- Coordinate and serve as point of contact for sustaining donor groups and fundraisers;
- Research current and prospective donors and manage and maintain database of donor records with utmost efficiency and attention to detail. Share relevant data for voter file with Field & Data Director when appropriate;
- Create and set up meetings between the chair and current or potential donors;
- Prepare quarterly income budgets and projections;
- Assist in large-scale event logistics and plan and coordinate fundraisers ;
- Collaborate with the Communications Director on targeting and messaging for fundraising materials;
- Prepare bank deposits and establish a checks and balances system to ensure all contributions are legal and reported correctly;
- Manage accounts in Quickbooks, creating financial reports for the Executive Board and Central Committee Meetings;
- Prepare and submit state compliance reports for county parties and candidates.
- Two years of professional work in fundraising, campaigns or related area;
- Excellent written and verbal communication as well as grammatical and copy editing skills;
- Ability to think quickly on your feet and work in a fast-paced team environment;
- Keen eye for identifying opportunities and potential risk, and ability to rally assets;
- Knowledge of NGP, VAN, Quickbooks, and other related software;
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
- The ability to work under tight deadlines and adapt quickly to changing work priorities.
- Familiarity with federal and/or state election laws;
- A strong commitment to SDDP ideals and issues;
- Effective computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite, Excel, NGP/VAN and Google Shared Suite;
- Bachelor’s degree required.
Please submit an email with the subject line “Finance Director” with your resume, cover letter, and three professional references to Chair of the SD Democratic Party, Ann Tornberg at email@example.com. No cold calls please. Salary is commensurate with experience.
The South Dakota Democratic Party is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or any other category prohibited by local, state, or federal law.